Thursday, August 21, 2014

Crock Pot Chipotle Lime Chicken Wraps




I love the smoky spicy flavor of Chipotle Peppers and when you combine them with a little lime juice and you've got a flavor explosion! I had originally planned on grilling the chicken but Mother Nature was not cooperating and I was not about to go and grill in a crazy down pour. So, I decided to use my crock pot instead. What a simple, easy, and delicious meal!


Crock Pot Chipotle Lime Chicken Wraps
Makes 4 Wraps
WW PP=8
Cal 293, Carbs 33, Fat 8, Fiber 4, Protein 31


Ingredients
16 oz boneless skinless chicken 
4 chipotle peppers in adobo, chopped
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. salt
Juice of one lime
4 12 inch flour tortillas
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese, divided

Arrange chicken in the bottom of the crock pot. Season with salt and chili powder. Add in the chipotle peppers and lime juice. Cover and cook on low 3-4 hours. Shred chicken and remove from crock pot.

Build the wraps by laying shredded cheese on the bottom of tortilla, and then arranging the chicken mixture. Top with a little more grated cheese and roll up.

Serve with sour cream or salsa if desired. Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. I love Chipotle peppers but my husband finds them to be too spicy, but this looks too good not to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This looks delicious, and I love using my crockpot. Pinning this one and putting chipotle on my grocery list. (Found you at Say G'day Saturday)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed with love by BDD